Search This Blog

Thursday 21 September 2017

This Is Stanley Odd


And now for something completely different.
As an antidote to the wall to wall Americana I have been serving up recently here are Stanley Odd an Edinburgh based hip hop collective.
A couple of songs from their 2013 album Reject focusing on politics and in particular the debate around Scottish independence.
Although things have moved on since 2013 there is a lot of what they are saying still relevant today
The advent of Trump and Brexit should give them plenty of new material to vent their spleens.

Stanley Odd - Antiheroics

Stanley Odd - Marriage Counselling

9 comments:

  1. Good god man, have you taken leave of your senses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you well know George that happened a long time ago

      Delete
  2. Stanley Odd aren't my particular bag, though I've definitely heard them somewhere before.
    George's comment made me howl with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could have been at mine Swede, I posted their song Son I Voted Yes which is a song for a niche audience, well 45% of the population of Scotland.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgu0KichKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Perhaps my jaw is on floor because I'm in George's camp on this one.

      Delete
  5. I've got your back on this one CC. I've a couple of his albums.

    ReplyDelete