Search This Blog

Thursday 14 September 2017

Grant Hart RIP


I was saddened to read of the death of Grant Hart at the age of 56 after a long battle with cancer.
I must admit that I am not familiar with his solo stuff other that knowing that it has been critically acclaimed.
For me and many others he will be best remembered as the drummer and co-songwriter of the legendary
Hüsker Dü.

Rest easy Grant.

Husker Du -Too Much Spice

Husker Du - Don't Want to Know if You Are Lonely

Husker Du - No Promise Have I Made


3 comments:

  1. This is desperately sad news. I saw Hüsker Dü at the Electric Ballroom in the mid-80s, an experience that was akin to standing near a Saturn 5 rocket as it took off. They made an astonishingly powerful noise.
    Some of Grant's solo stuff is very good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... especially 'Intolerance', CC: you really should get your hands on it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intolerance espcially as Dirk says but Hot Wax is good also.

    ReplyDelete