Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Oxfam Singles - 10,000 Maniacs


I had a quick panic before I got round to listening to These are Days a 1992 single by 10,000 Maniacs.
I was a bit worried that it may have come from their post Natalie Merchant period.
However I was happily reassured as it comes from their 5th studio album Our Time in Eden which was the last they recorded with Natalie at the helm.

Phew.

The final song is a Tom Waits cover.The other two are from the album

10,000 Maniacs - These Are Days

10,000 Maniacs - Circle Dream

10,000 Maniacs - I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. I don't have the CD single anymore and had forgotten about the Tom Waits cover - thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had a post-Merchant period?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved 10,000 Maniacs with Natalie at their helm beyond reason. Sadly, I only saw them once (Sheff Uni's Octagon) where, mid gig, Natalie handed out scraps of paper with poems/bon mots she'd written to some of the audience. Glad I was mid division as... well you know, it would've been twee hippy drippy nonsense. Must stress, I don't mean to detract from 10,000 Maniacs genius. I agree with you though that her solo career has been....exposed.

    ReplyDelete