Search This Blog

Friday 28 July 2017

Back to Forever


Lissie's 2010 debut album Catching a Tiger has long been a favourite at CC HQ.
So I was quite chuffed to pick up a copy of the 2013 follow up Back to Forever in a charity shop a couple of weeks ago.
However the jury is still out. There is a noticeable change of direction from the  more folky and acoustic Catching a Tiger to the rock rockier Back to Forever. It is more shouty and sing along anthems almost as if she is auditioning for the support slot on a Bon Jovi stadium tour.
Perhaps I'm being too harsh and it will grow on my after a few listens.
Let's hope so.
It has certainly been critically acclaimed which probably shows how much I know.

Lissie - Sleepwalking

Lissie -Cold Fish

11 comments:

  1. I believe it was you who introduced me to Lissie via an earlier post and I remember being very impressed with what I heard. On first listen these two tunes are less impressive though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this track Sleepwalking ranks with some of worst load of nonsense you've ever posted. Cold Fish is better, I could listen to that again without getting annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there was me being all diplomatic :-)

      Delete
    2. That WAS George being diplomatic Swede!

      Delete
    3. It's an indication of how mellowed I have become these last 4 years

      Delete
    4. Not much for Lissie, but this string of comments made it all worth it.

      Delete
  3. Apparently, this was the record her label wanted her to make. She's said she's not comfortable with it herself. Her latest album is better, but still not up to the level of that debut. Bully remains one of my all-time fave tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when George gets cross. Jim McLean's Rabbit is so greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robster, you would have loved it, then, when I was chased by a large dog (Alentejo rafeiro, about 50kg weight) then when the dog went back to its field I went to the owners and gave them a mouthful of abuse. They might not have understood every word but they got the gist.

      Delete
  5. Seeing your daily posts it makes me wonder how big your music room is as you must make quite a few purchases per week. Or do you recycle and is this one destined to go back to the charity shop? Personally I quite liked Sleepwalking so not sure what George is getting so hot under the collar about! Must be the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not every week - honest
      Space is becoming a bit of an issue

      Delete