Search This Blog

Friday 6 January 2017

Friday Three Names - James Dean Bradfield


I had to double check that James Dean Bradfield was in fact his real name  and that no nickname was involved and  that appears to be the case.
He has the added bonus of playing with a three named band Manic Street Preachers.
An English Gentleman is taken from his only solo studio album The Great Western from 2006 and is a tribute to their late publicist Philip Hall.
The other two are from the Manics. I had a copy of their version of Suicide is Painless on a tape with no name attributed  to it and it took me ages to discover who it was by (this being in the days before the internet) We'll dedicate it to William Christopher who was Father Mulcahy in M*A*S*H*  and who died on Hogmanay.
Is it just me or is there a passing resemblance to Harry Enfield in that picture?

James Dean Bradfield - An English Gentleman

Manic Street Preachers - Suicide Is Painless (Theme from M*A*S*H*)


Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness

8 comments:

  1. What George said
    Swc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a village up the road from me called Bradfield Combust; I can't help but think of James when I go through.
    I have a big soft spot for the Manics. And in your support CC I think there is a slight resemblance to Harry - it's the mouth, and the expression, I think. Plus he seems like a thoroughly nice bloody good bloke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best theme tunes ever and a great version. Not seeing Harry but I am seeing Shane Richie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can kinda see what you mean with the Harry Enfield thing. Stick a blue cap on his head and....'Only meeee!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always thought he has the face of a patronising cunt.
    the tilt of the head, the earnest stare..
    because we dont understand the things he does

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seeing a younger Bob Mortimer......

    ReplyDelete