Search This Blog

Friday 18 November 2016

Friday Three Names - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Ray Wylie and his boy







I did warn you that Country artists were going to feature writ large in this series.
I recently featured Texan singer songwriter Ray Wylie Hubbard in my Namedropping series and that re-planted the seed for  this series - everything is connected don't you know.

Ray Wylie has released a shed load of albums - 16 at the last count. I own two 2003's Growl and 2005's Delirium Tremolos  both on the Rounder/ Philo label and it is only fair that I feature a song from each album.
Given recent events I'll spare you Screw You, Were From Texas.
I saw him playing at the ABC2 in Glasgow where he was supported by another three named artist who shall make an appearance at some stage.
Another three names next week.

Ray Wylie Hubbard - The Knives of Spain

Ray Wylie Hubbard - Dallas After Midnight

2 comments:

  1. The Knives Of Spain is a damned fine song. The 2nd isn't too shabby either. He seems to have written a song called Up Against the Wall, Redneck Mother, so he might not be one of The Donald's guests on Jan 20th (Inauguration Day I think)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these as I still haven't got around to following up on your previous recommendation of this artist after I mentioned he'd been namechecked in a Blake Shelton song a while back. Must try to keep up.

    ReplyDelete