Search This Blog

Friday 16 September 2016

Cadillac Mark II

In the comments section of my recent Cadillac Ranch post Spence gave a shout out for Warren Smith with A Red Cadillac and a Black Moustache.
So here you go Spence -happy to oblige.

It got me thinking about other Cadillac songs. kevinpat mentioned The Pointer Sisters and Mink DeVille but I have neither of these tracks.
Cadillac Elvis by Sid Griffin and Carl Perkins' Cadillac by the Drive-By Truckers have previously featured.
So who does that leave?
One I thought I had previously featured but it turns out I hadn't - the mighty Dwight Yoakam of course!

Nearly a Top 10 there Rol

Warren Smith - A Red Cadillac and a Black Moustache

Dwight Yoakam - Guitars, Cadillacs

9 comments:

  1. O-Matic - 'Slow Ass Cadillac'
    Screaming Blue Messiahs - 'Twin Cadillac Valentine'
    Weather Prophets - 'Chinese Cadillac'

    The Slickee Boys' version of 'Brand New Cadillac' is ace as well!

    Enough to get it to 10 now, CC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be heading for a top 20 now Dirk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray's Dad's Cadillac.

    Pink Cadillac.

    Maybellene.

    Rock The Casbah.

    Cadillac Hotel by Falco...

    I'll get me coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe your brother has the Stray Cats doing Look at That Cadillac. Rol's Rock the Casbah is an inspired pick. Can't get it out of my head now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have led with this, one of my current favourites. Equal parts Bruce, Petty & Earle...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLanbbd0lNI


    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    MANY versions of "Brand New Cadillac" but a personal FAV is by Toronto 80's band Teenage Head. LUV it! Check it out here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuhC_ILkqO0

    Cheers!

    Ciao! For now.
    rntcj

    ReplyDelete