Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Harvest Moon



Mrs CC was playing Harvest Moon at the weekend and the first two tracks jumped out at me and I thought I should feature them.
After Freedom and Ragged Glory a return to his acoustic stuff.
I had a wee debate with myself as to whether to post the Harvest Moon versions or those from his Unplugged album but after much swithering I plumped for the former.

A quick search of previous posts to ensure that these had previously not been featured before shows that Neil Young has been mentioned in more posts than he has actually featured which goes to show the influence he has - on my music collection at least.

Neil Young - Unknown Legend

Neil Young - From Hank to Hendrix

10 comments:

  1. Probably my favourite Neil Young album, I really like the versions on the Unplugged album too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An album I used to play a lot in the shop, frequently selling a copy or two as a result - this is Neil at his most accessible. I personally prefer his next album, 'Sleeps With Angels', apart from the accurately titled penultimate track, 'Piece of Crap'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw NY and Crazy Horse in Sheffield. They played Piece of Crap. He made up for it with the rest of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely album, which I've gone back to a bit recently. One of the few artists who can produce stuff in a wide range of styles and actually get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say though- Harvest Moon is a long way off being my faavourite NY album.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I can interject - 'Rust Never Sleeps' - that's the one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Young always had a more accurate ear to the ground than his post Woodstock brethren. This is probably why he never sounded as comatose as the 70's LA Rock Scene and was up for the challenge when Punk and New Wave redirected the stream. Rust Never Sleeps is his most daring and successful record for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great album, and those first two tracks are classics...though I have a penchant for Old King.

    ReplyDelete