Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Record Buying in a Book Town


The lovely small town of Wigtown in Galloway is officially Scotland's national Book Town here

You may not be surprised to learn that in my most recent foray there I came away with two records and two CDs but no books.The CD's may well feature at a later date.
The first of the records I picked up  in the Community Shop was the single Gold Rush by The Men They  Couldn't Hang from 1986 a song from their How Green is the Valley album.
The Ghosts of Cable Street features on the b-side and is a much better song.It was also released as a single in it's own right.
The track on the single jumps and so is not featured today. Rest easy as it has featured before.
The second acquisition will feature tomorrow

The Men They Couldn't Hang - Gold Rush

The Men They Couldn't Hang - Walkin' Talkin'

1 comment:

  1. I used to play How Green Is My Valley quite a bit, a very good album.

    ReplyDelete