Search This Blog

Sunday 13 September 2015

Some Sunday Soul


A couple of months ago I watched Classic Soul at the BBC on BBC 4.
I had albums of all the artists featured except for Gladys Knight and the Pips who did a stonking version of Friendship Train.
I can't find the BBC version but here is one from Soul Train - check out those moves by the Pips!




After that I thought I should make it my business to acquire some GK and the Ps.
However I was conscious that for every good album out there there was probable a not so good one.
In the end I played safe and went for The Motown Years -a terrific compilation with 16 great songs.
I wanted to give you It Should Have Been Me but for some reason this was the only track that my PC would not rip.
Still I'm sure you'll agree that the two I have come up with are pretty tasty.

More Soul next Sunday

Gladys Knight and the Pips - Take Me in Your Arms and Love Me

Gladys knight and the Pips - I Wish it Would Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment