Search This Blog

Saturday 15 August 2015

Saturday Lucky Dip



It's Sounds of the Suburbs time this week on Saturday Lucky Dip.
Not the previously featured album jammed pack with a plethora of new Wave hits.
Rather it is another New Wave compilation but this one is from Vive le Rock! magazine and features a host of lesser known artists.
Not a magazine I'm familiar with. This one came to me via my brother.
Thirteen artists with only The Ruts and The Members being names that I recognise.
I shall resist the temptation to feature The Media Whores, Prole Position and Cretin 77 all of whom, as you would expect, are nice and noisy.
No today you are getting Bishops Street who it would appear are a Vancouver street punk band formed in 2011.But then again you knew that.
They are followed by Chris Wilson who was a member of The Flamin' Groovies (who I have heard off) with an excellent Graham Parkeresque number.

More random nonsense next Saturday

Bishops Green - Pressure

Chris Wilson - All The Action



No comments:

Post a Comment