Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Fine and Dandy


Dandy Livingstone's Rudy, A Message To You and , in particular,  Suzanne Beware of The Devil have long been amongst my favourite reggae singles.
So when I saw a copy of his 1973 album Conscious on the Moonscrest label I jumped at the opportunity to snap it up.
It is slightly more mellow and soulful than the above singles and is none the worse for it.
It is very laid back and reggae lite and is just the thing to sit back and relax to with a glass of rum.

Dandy Livingstone - Black Connection

Dandy Livingstone - Black Star

6 comments:

  1. To use a word (a) I am too old to use and (b) is pretty crappy anyway - ace! Love those reggae cellos on 'Black Connection'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never once used the word 'ace' SB, but I have to agree! I've just come by from listening to the darkness of 'Lonely Soul' over at Bagging Area and, much as I really liked it, these are now the perfect light to that shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you pick this up in a charity shop? If so, it was a truly great find. Ace! There, I said it!
    (PS. Did you mean to type '1973' CC?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup £3.99 in BHF.it is indeed from 1973 and I have now corrected

      Delete
  4. You'll have to let me know what charity shops you are visiting CC if you are managing to pick up gems like this..

    ReplyDelete