Search This Blog

Friday 6 June 2014

War Ina Babylon



It's Friday reggae time again and this time up it is the great Max Romeo and the Upsetters with 1976's War Ina Babylon on the Island label.
Produced by the mad professor that is Lee "Scratch" Perry and part of the Black Ark holy trinity of records along with the previously featured Police and Thieves by Junior Murvin and also Party Time by The Heptones which has now gone to the top of the reggae wanted list following this acquisition.
Can I just apologise in advance to all your friends and loved ones as I just know that you will be singing these songs all weekend and annoying them intensely!
It is impossible not to

Max Romeo & the Upsetters - I Chase the Devil

Max Romeo &the Upsetters - War Ina Babylon

4 comments:

  1. And pick up Heart Of The Congos while you're at it. My fave Black Ark production, and that's saying something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1 for Heart of the Congos, amazing record. As are these Max Romeo songs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given that I suspect I annoy my partner intensely already maybe my singing along about my iron shirt might be an improvement??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given you gentlemen's impeccable tastes I shall follow you up on that recommendation

    ReplyDelete