Search This Blog

Thursday 3 April 2014

Tartan Texans - The Sunshine Delay

A series on Scottish acts who have (in my opinion) been influenced, however tenuously, by Americana/Alt Country/call it what you will.


This week's featured artists are Edinburgh band The Sunshine Delay - another band I saw on numerous occasions in the early 90's mostly in a  supporting capacity.
I'm pleased to report from their website that they still appear to be going strong in  and around the Edinburgh area
The current line up is 
Paula McKee – vocals and acoustic guitar
David McKee – vocals and bass
Iain Barbour – guitars
Brendan O’Brien – drums 


According to their website their first album was Outrageous Expectations from 2004 followed by Keep it Together in 2011 and a live EP Love is in 2013.
However I have a self titled album from 2001 from which these tracks are taken and a single Country Crush from 2002.
I presume that these were self produced and sold primarily at their gigs.
If I remember correctly they were also friends of Karen Miller who does the excellent Americana podcast


1 comment: