Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Barricades and Brickwalls


My recent musings on Australian music had me reaching for the Alt Country shelves (as opposed to Americana in this instance) where I dusted down Barricades and Brickwalls Kasey Chambers' second album from 2001.
It is a bit of a family affair in that it is produced by her brother Nash and her dad Bill also features on guitar.
You are getting the title track plus a song which I thought was a Hank William's cover but is in fact a Kasey composition but done in a Hank stylee.
She has been fairly prolific over the years producing 8 albums to date , two of which were with her ex-husband Shane Nicholson.
The only other one I have is her 1999 debut The Captain,
Playing this, for the first time in ages has reminded me that I really ought to get some more of her stuff.
Welcome to Country - Aussie style

Kasey Chambers- Barricades and Brick Walls

Kasey Chambers - A Little Bit Lonesome

No comments:

Post a Comment