Search This Blog

Thursday 13 March 2014

Tartan Texans - Scott MacDonald

A series on Scottish acts who have (in my opinion) been influenced, however tenuously, by Americana/Alt Country/call it what you will.

Today's artist Scott MacDonald featured on the bill when Nadine played Helensburgh which inspired me to come up with this series
I think Scott hails from Eaglesham which is a small village on the South side of Glasgow. It is pretty much now a commuter satellite for Glasgow and East Kilbride but still features some of the quaint village traditions such as the whole pub stopping and staring at you when you walk in and then taking umbrage because you are sitting in Auld Jock's seat even though he has been dead for 15 years.

Anyway these tracks are from a 1999 single Burn Baby Burn - not the Hudson Ford version I hasten to add..
I don't go to as many gigs as I used to and it is years since I saw Scott perform


I was pleased to read from his website that he is still going strong and that he has released a number of albums including one with the great Martin Stephenson.
I must look him up again one day


No comments:

Post a Comment