Search This Blog

Sunday 6 October 2013

Southern Soul Sunday


Following a recent post regular contributor George author of the splendid new blog Jim McLean's Rabbit suggested I do a Southern Soul Sunday series.
I was swithering as I already have a series Bloodshot Tuesday on the go.
However on purchasing the above,also in Fort William, I thought I would give it a go.
At first glance from the cover you might think that this is a cheap and nasty compilation featuring the usual suspect.
Cheap it certainly is but nasty it ain't.
It's an absolute cracker with tracks from such luminaries as Doris Duke, Joe Tex,Percy Sledge, Bettye Lavette and Johnny Taylor.
Here, for your listening pleasure is the splendid Ann Sexton and the mighty, and sadly recently departed, Bobby Bland

Ann Sexton - Come Back Home

Bobby Bland - I Can Take You to Heaven

1 comment:

  1. From the track listing it looks like a belting album. And I can't believe that's your last holiday of the year. Another sojourn somewhere in Scotland, surely!

    ReplyDelete